February 15, 2014

This was all unintentional . . .

This wasn't what I had in mind -- blogging and web sites and such.  I was just going to stay in my studio-io and paint.

But, you see,  painting wasn't originally in the cards, either.  Growing up with parents who supported families through the Great Depression, i was actively discouraged from any kind of art because "you can't make a living at it."  So I repressed my desire to draw and paint, but it finally got the better of me.  So, here I am -- Morgan Golladay, Fine Artist.

And, I'm blogging about it.  I swear, I'm almost giddy-headed about it!  Not to the point of being addle-pated, you understand, but just a wee bit giddy.  Now, admitedly, a lot of that is cultural.  See, I grew up with party lines, a 4 channel black and white tv, and one car in the family.  So blogging, and all of the associated technology that led up to blogging, is part of that huge learning curve I've gone through.

This blog is associated with my web-site, but will stray into other areas.  Opinions, poetry and weather reports will bump elbows with cat stories and art discussions.  This of it as a smorgasbord.  Artists are creative people; goes with the territory.  The only way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas.  and many of the creative ideas we have give birth to other ideas.  Art and poetry are two different ways of creating mind pictures of these ideas.  So, I'm gonna fasten my seat belt.  It's promising to be an ineresting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment